Saturday, July 28, 2012

Looking for Peace.....within 3million people.


As the violence continues in Chicago everyone is searching for a corner to stand on to wait and watch what will happen.  Will it be the clergy coalition that stops it?  Will it be additional officers on the street?  Will it be a longer day at Chicago public schools? Or will it be the hope of a $15million building on the South Side that brings the violence to a halt?

My news to you is that it will be none of these.

What is it that YOU are waiting for?  Are you waiting for it to get worse? Or do you feel that this does not affect you because you live in a trendy part of town and you see yourself as part of that trend so you figure that you’ll alienate the thugs out of the neighborhood.  Maybe you’re going to church several times a week locking yourself in the church to pray about the violence.  Or you just don’t give a shit what happens because the violence is affecting the losers and scum of the Earth but you still go to church and pray for the innocent and wish for death and hell for which you have identified as evil. 

Chicago has been a place of corruption my entire life, 37 years, and much more before me.  Regardless of who’s been in the Mayor’s office people have been paid off to do things they shouldn’t.  In that mess there’s violence, drugs, prostitution, abuse, murder, and a lot of money exchanging hands and all the while people look the other way based on if their garbage is picked up every week and the street lights are on.

Citizens of Chicago what are you waiting for?  Are you really waiting for ONE person to stand up and take control of everything and turn this city around?  People have tried and many have failed due to their fear of death and fear of monetary loss of some kind.  Yes people, there are actual people out there that are very willing to kill anyone that stands in their way of profit and power but what many fail to see is that there’s about 3 million people that can overcome several hundred…you think I’m kidding?  You are being held at bay by a handful of people and they are controlling the value of your home, your job, your income, your daily expense, and your Faith (for those of you that have any) all by letting off a few shots in the night.  I don’t mean to make this trivial but this is what it comes down to and YOU are still too scared to notice.

There are children being killed almost every night but because it’s on the South Side of Chicago, mostly, and Black most of Chicago does not care.  Can you see that YOU not caring is breeding hate, violence, and murder?  You can’t see that?!

It is impossible for me to think that 70+ pastors got together at a church in Down town Chicago and are baffled at what they should be doing about the violence, REALLY!?! If these pastors have at least 100 people in their churches that would make 7000 people that listen to them on a weekly basis and they cannot figure out what to do about the violence?!  This is why SO many people cancel out church and God because there are people like this that are supposed to be people with some sort of guidance and knowledge and strength to deal with these issues (well that’s what they make themselves out to be) and they FAIL at the most BASIC of all, LOVE!

Think about a time that you REALLY loved something in your life and think about what you did to obtain it, protect it, and keep it from going away……isn’t that a beautiful thing, so why the hell are you having such a hard time expressing that same feeling with other HUMAN beings!?

No, I cannot teach you how to talk to a gang member or drug dealer because I reached out to them for my need to express to them a genuine love and attention that they may have never received from someone else.  How did you learn to make friends when you were a child?  You found something in common or shared something in common like a class room, neighborhood block, a favorite sport or cartoon, but it was something you shared, so why can’t you share your interest of living a better life with someone that may not be leading a better life for themselves but is expressing (in their own way) that they want a better life?  Is it really that hard?

I have walked, taken into, and driven into communities wearing opposite gang colors with a message of Peace and have always made it out.  The day that my own looked at me out the corner of their eyes I had to realize that my ego had gotten the best of me and I stepped back and remain in that position.

I gave myself entirely to the streets willing to submerge my mind, body, and soul into this violent world and things changed quickly.  All of a sudden the thugs wearing hoodies and all black clothing went to suits and smart looking glasses in the corridors of government.

I challenge you to move out of your comfort zone and become MORE

I challenge you to drop your belief of hell and hate

I challenge you to engage those around you

I challenge you to discover the crimes being committed at your local government offices

I challenge you to open your mind and see that there are more sides to life not just what you see in front of you

I challenge you to be courageous

I challenge you to love

I challenge you to be someone that cares about others just because it’s the right thing


Then I dare you to do something about it because it will never be ONE person that will change everything so that you don’t have to lift a finger to improve not only your life but the life of our society.


I DARE you to really be Free!

Go ahead…I dare you!

AMOR
Gerardo