Monday, April 9, 2012

Looking for Peace.....I AM KING.


The evolution in one’s life sometimes takes on a previous role and makes it better and adds on what you have learned since the last time.  Over the weekend I was honored to have been ordained as a Deacon in the Universal Anglican Church by the Presiding Bishop The Most Rev. Craig Bergland.  I come into this position as many others before me that are “like” me that have had a life in the streets and “found” Jesus and left that life for the church.  I haven’t found Jesus because I never lost sight of Him, always by my side whether I was doing good or bad.  Never have I heard Him reject someone for who they are instead He showed me how to LOVE ALL.  I also have not rejected or eliminated my “life” from the street because I do not find it necessary to do so.  At the risk of offending everyone I believe that for me to be a strong man of God I have to be a King so a King I am!

What does it mean to be a King?  Well there are a lot of different types of Kings throughout history and currently there are 34 countries or places on Earth that have the potential of having a King.  There are only 6 that carry Absolute power over their domain and one of them is HH Pope Benedict XVI.  Yup the Pope is a King in his own way but nonetheless he is one. 

Being a King is not an easy thing because there are a lot of different expectations from a lot of different people both negative and positive.  Most expectations of my Kingship are negative and the people within my Nation have created that expectation but not out of desire but out of despair.  Some of them are to blame but most have just followed blindly into an arena of disaster and one of my duties is to help them out of that arena both as a Deacon and as a King.  

I may not seem to be a King in your eyes and even if I wore my emblem on my chest you might still disregard me and I accept that because it is not for you to see…

The road I have traveled to be a King started when I was 10 years old and at 37 I hold my head up high because I know clearly what it means to be this sort of King.  I am not embarrassed by it and I make no excuses because no one else makes excuses for being an American when America screws up so why should I?  My Nation is one born out of despair, pain, courage, persistence, and faith so when my CROWN is held it is not only my hands holding it but the hands of those before me.

I am a KING of Peace.

I am a KING of Love.

I am a KING of honesty.

I am a KING obedient to his people’s needs.

I am a KING willing to sacrifice.

I am a KING righteous to the word of the Almighty God.

I am a man given a CROWN to be a KING within my LORDS house.


Peace/AMOR

Gerardo